FIT FOR COLLEGE OFFERED ONLINE
FIT for college, our program for students with autism or similar profiles who are entering college in 2020, will be presented online starting June 2. Registration opens on May 15. Current/previous FIT students may register on or after May 15 by clicking the pink register button; new students please email Anita at firstname.lastname@example.org for intake procedures.
- Tuesday & Thursday afternoons from 4:30-5:15pm, via Zoom
- June 2-June 25, 2020 (8 sessions)
- Change is Hard!: Coping mechanisms for anxiety related to the college transition
- Here I am, Now Where Do I Go???: Navigating a college campus, attending classes, communicating with professors
- What Does “Budget” Mean?: How to get from the first week of the semester to the last week of the semester and STILL have money left.
- Time Management/Punctuality: Making a plan to get everything done on time
- How To Make Friends and Keep Them: Communication with friends, roommates, classmates; social interactions with professors; social media use
- New Relationships and New Takes on Old Relationship: Constructive criticism; composing emails; conflict resolution
- Interview skills: Negotiation and compromise; taking responsibility for your own actions
- Review & Questions: Instructors and a guest college student will address remaining questions and concerns.
- Michelle Grande, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Helen Carter, M.A., CCC-SLP